'Carriers for Causes' grants available of up to £1000
Carriers for Causes grants are available for good causes within two miles of a participating One Stop shop. Grants of up to £1000 will be available to support projects that ‘benefit local communities - helping to improve lives and local places’.
Grants are available to non-profit organisations and groups only. The types of projects funded will be very broad and will cover the direct costs needed to deliver the project, this could be buying litter pickers and bags for a community cleanup days, plants, spades and forks to plant up a new community garden, the cost of a minibus for a day trip for a community group or the materials needed to paint a room at the local hospice.
One Stop’s ‘Carriers for Causes’ is funded through the money raised from the 5p bag charge in One Stop stores in England, Wales and Scotland.
Carriers for Causes is a rolling programme, meaning that you can apply for funding all year round. Applications are shortlisted on a quarterly basis for panel decision which will take place every three months. Applicants will generally know the outcome of their application within 16 weeks of applying.
What types of projects are eligible?
- One off community events such as community fun day expenses, summer youth camp, litter picking, sports events, expenses to pay for terminally ill cancer patients on visits to the seaside.
- Purchasing items to run a project such as specialised medical equipment, football/cricket /netball kit for local junior club, arts and craft materials for a workshop, kitchen equipment for a healthy eating project, marketing materials for an event, fishing kit for youth project.
- Improvements to community buildings such as painting, refurbishing buildings such as hospices, scout or guide huts, school building, community centres.
- Improvements to external spaces such as park clean ups, community gardens, hospital/hospice gardens, disabled access projects, food growing projects, woodland walk.
- Purchasing materials to undertake a place based improvement project such as buying paint, litter pickers, gravel, grass seed, plants, and benches.
This list is not exhaustive, and consideration is given to any projects that meet the programme’s aims and objectives.
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from a wide range of organisations including:
- Voluntary/community organisations
- Registered charities
- Health bodies
- Sports clubs
- Community day centres
- Parish/Town councils
- Social enterprises
- Community Interest Companies
- Community councils (Scotland)
- Local authorities
- Social Housing providers
- Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible
Businesses and ‘for profit’ organisations are not eligible.
More information about Carriers for Causes is available at: www.groundwork.org.uk/Pages/Category/Carriers-for-Causes-uk
Click here to Apply.